In the middle of the summer and winter months heating and cooling costs tend to rise. Here are a few tips to follow to save money and energy during every season:
- Install a programmable thermostat: according to energy.gov by installing a programmable thermostat it can save you up to 10% on your heating and cooling costs.
- Make sure your vents are clean, clear, and open. Make sure furniture isn't blocking your vents, this can restrict airflow.
- Instead of turning your system off during a heat wave, turn your thermostat up 4-5 degrees when you’re not home.
- Seal air leaks: a good amount of air loss is due to lack of insulated ducts.
- Upgrade to a higher efficiency system: by upgrading your old inefficient system to a higher energy-efficient system you can save up to 50% on your energy costs and lower your impact on the environment.